One of the most important meals of the day is breakfast, and it’s especially important to have a breakfast that’s high in protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, and it can also help you feel fuller longer so that you’re less likely to snack later in the day.
One delicious way to get your protein at breakfast is with this high protein baked french toast loaf. This recipe uses low carb bread and egg whites to pack in the protein, and it’s also satisfyingly sweet so that you won’t be tempted to reach for unhealthy breakfast pastries.
Plus, this recipe is easy to make ahead of time so that you can enjoy a hot and hearty breakfast even on busy mornings.
So if you’re looking for a breakfast option that’s both delicious and nutritious, give this high protein baked french toast loaf a try. You’ll love the flavor and satisfaction that it provides, and your body will thank you for the protein boost!
6 slices keto bread any low carb bread will do
100 g unsweetened almond milk or other nut milk of your choice
200 g Liquid Egg Whites
1 tbsp Sugar-Free Salted Caramel Sweetener or another sweetener of your choice
0.5 cup Sugar-Free Syrup if desired
0.5 cup blueberries optional
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Tear up bread into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl
3. Pour liquid ingredients over bread and mix together
4. Add in fruit (if desired) and mix again
5. Pour into baking dish and drizzle with sugar-free syrup
6. Cook for 35 minutes or until desired crispiness
7. Divide loaf into two portions and serve with sugar-free syrup