Enjoy the spicy flavor of jalapeño poppers without the calories – and the cheese-based filling is so protein-rich, you won’t sacrifice your nutrition goals with this delectable treat.
Jalapeño poppers are a spicy, yet tasty treat that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. They consist of a jalapeño pepper that is stuffed with cheese and then wrapped in bacon. The result is a delicious and addicting snack that is perfect for any occasion.
This high protein variation on the classic dish substitutes turkey bacon for traditional bacon, which increases the protein and reduces the fat. And the substitution of low fat alternates to traditional cheese fillings, this recipe creates a snack or appetizer that is as nutritious as it is delicious.
Whether you are looking for something to eat at a party or just want a tasty treat, jalapeño poppers are the perfect choice!
These jalapeño poppers are a high-protein snack that are perfect for those who are looking to fuel their bodies in a healthy way.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy recipe for jalapeño poppers, look no further! This recipe is simple to follow and yields amazing results.
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 3 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 3 tbsp Fat Free cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice jalapenos lengthwise and set aside
- Mix cheese, yogurt, and spices in a bowl
- Fill jalapeños with cheese and spice mixture
- Slice turkey bacon strips lengthwise and wrap each around a jalapeño
- Place on a cooking rack on top of a baking sheet
- Cook for 30 mins (or until desired bacon crispiness)
- Let cool for 5 mins and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 pieces
Amount Per Serving Calories 94Total Fat 3.4gSaturated Fat 1.4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 25.7mgSodium 508.8mgCarbohydrates 2.9gNet Carbohydrates 2.4gFiber 0.5gSugar 1.9gProtein 11.8g